We strive to enable every person in our company to be autonomous, masterful and purposeful. We define these as:
- Autonomous: Act independently to get things done. Each teammember has the authority to do their job. We do not micromanage.
- Mastery: We each strive to be the best in the world at one skill while we exhibit strong competence in related skills. We dedicate ourselves to constant learning and perfection while not being dependent upon others to fill in the gaps.
- Sense of Purpose: We work together to achieve goals that are greater than ourselves.
We use a single document, V2MOM, to align our everyday activities with the execution of our strategy. V2MOM stands for Vision, Values, Methods, Obstacles and Measurements. Marc Benioff made this approach famous in the Salesforce blog post "How to Create Alignment Within Your Company in Order to Succeed." I'm grateful to our advisor, Aaron Fulkerson, who introduced me to his V2MOM to embed "beginner’s mind" into MindTouch's values.
All great companies are made by one happy customer at a time. LeadCrunch's V2MOM is all about creating a scalable way to empower all of our employees to delight every LeadCrunch user.
(What do we want?):
LeadCrunch is an entirely new solution for business-to-business marketing. We call it “full-context marketing” and we are changing the way businesses sell to other businesses.
Imagine a world where every salesperson could focus all of their energy on closing deals rather than wasting time prospecting?
LeadCrunch delivers the right company and right contacts with the right information at the right time. We deliver qualified leads to your inbox. All you need to do is close them.
Our meta-goal is to democratize the power of artificial intelligence. We do this by empowering B2B sales and marketing professionals with three "unfair advantages" that help them acquire new customers faster at lower costs than any other demand generation system:
- Insights gleaned from unfathomable quantities of data.
- Optimization of the entire demand generation process -- from target selection to qualification.
- Precision in creating the information needed to acquire a new customer.
LeadCrunch is different than any other demand generation solution because we go beyond predictions and scoring by combining artificial intelligence with a marketplace of lead qualifying services.
We change the way companies think about market segmentation and positioning by replacing antiquated filters (such as industry codes, firmographics, etc.) with high-precision models that comprehensively explain and predict firm behavior by evaluating information on people, companies, industries and events.
(What's important about it?):
We act in the following ways:
- Grit: We overcome adversity with determination, persistence and courage. We are not afraid to fail as we strive to win.
- Delight: We enjoy our work so much that our joy infects our customers.
- Quality: We do great work that exceeds the expectations of our stakeholders.
- Learning: We are always beginners who strive to learn from every experience and interaction.
- Abundance: We live in a world of abundance where prosperity for everyone is possible through hard work, collaboration, integrity and dedication to mutually positive outcomes.
- Integrity: We earn trust. Trust is defined by the following equation.
Trust = (Capability) x (Reliability) x (Intimacy) / (Self-Interest) Where each (attribute) is scored on a scale of 0 to 10 resulting in a theoretical maximum trust score of 1,000.
(How do you get it?):
- Team: We work together for a common purpose that so large that we could not accomplish it without the help of our teammates.
- Focus: Our efforts drive to a single purpose where we control the outcome. We are each a specialist with mastery over our own domain where we work to become the best in the world.
- Data: Objective truth is revealed with data. These truths are assembled into models that explain and predict reality with measurable precision and recall. A data-driven model is always more valuable than opinions or theories.
- Technology: We apply scientific principles to create automated solutions to problems.
(What might stand in the way?):
- Insufficient Capital: We recognize that we will never raise the amount of capital as our Bay Area competitors. We believe they have raised too much money and are thus do not have the same existential pressure that we have to learn and innovate. We overcome our competitors with capital efficiency and our ability to reframe problems in ways that enable us to solve them in less time at lower cost.
- Distractions: We recognize that everyone has multiple competing interests that threaten the ability to focus on a single objective.
- Cognitive Biases: We recognize that we have a tendency to make mistakes in reasoning because we are attached to our own preferences and beliefs regardless of contrary information. We overcome this by challenging our beliefs with data and the input from collaborators and the marketplace.
(How will you know when you have it?):
- IPO Ready: We will be successful when we are ready for an initial public offering. Although unlikely, we recognize this is the only exit for which we can control the most number of optimization variables.
- Repeatable, Predictable & Sustainable Growth: Success is a marathon, not a sprint. We play to win everyday in ways that we can control, understand and maintain over our entire career.
- Profitability: We exist to create profits for ourselves, our shareholders and our customers.
- People: The most valuable assets are humans. Always.
Key Performance Indicators: We monitor a dashboard of KPIs to ensure our daily activities are aligned with successful completion of our annual, quarterly and monthly operational plans.